As previously mentioned, L J Taylor is a long standing member of the ECA (Electrical Contractors Association). With the highly experienced and knowledgeable management we are able to offer valuable advice as well as a satisfactory job. Our artisan electricians are not only employees of long standing, they too have a great deal of on-site experience.
Our organisation is able to offer a wide range of services including the following:
Complete new electrical installations to new development, be it hotels, factories, warehouses, shops and domestic housing.
Electrical alterations to the same range of applications, including low voltage applications.
- Compliance testing and Certification.
- Supply upgrading to commercial and industrial customers.
- General electrical maintenance
- Factory automation
- Computer dedicated circuits, UPS installations and generator changeover switches
- We also offer a 10% discount to pensioners on domestic or minor works.
Our experienced and versatile staff provide solutions to your electrical problems.
10 ENERGY SAVING TIPS
Domestically your biggest consumer of electricity is your geyser. Replace with a Solar unit, the expense will be recovered in 3 to 5 years after which the savings go into your pocket.
If replacement of your geyser is not an option, install a timer, so water is heated only when necessary. Reduce the temperature setting to 55 degrees C and insulate you geyser and hot water pipes to reduce heat loss.
- Another expensive item to run is a tumble dryer. Try to use only when there is no alternative.
- Save electricity and water by only using your dishwasher when fully loaded.
- Buy energy efficient light bulbs. They will initially cost more, but will also save electricity and last longer.
- Make one pot meals on your stove and make sure your pots have good flat contact with the electric plate. Use lids for the pots.
- Room heaters should be set at a comfortable level and not on Maximum. Close windows to prevent heat loss.
- Do not boil more water than you need as the kettle is a heavy consumer of electricity
- Do not leave your fridge door open longer than necessary. Check the door seal is in good condition.
- Do not run your pool pump longer than necessary every day.